Dependent Care Programs
Section 1. Types of Dependent Care Programs
a. Dependent care assistance may include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) Child care and elder care referral services;
(2) Seminars, workshops, and exhibitions;
(3) Periodic newsletters and brochures;
(4) Family resource centers;
(5) Consultants to assist employees with dependent care problems; and
(6) DOL cooperation with other Agencies regarding Dependent Care
Programs, including Infant and Child Care Centers.
b. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of Dependent Care Programs.
New employees should be informed about the availability of Dependent
Care Programs during orientation.
Section 2. Local 12 Involvement
The Department will keep Local 12 advised of the status of Departmental
Dependent Care Programs. Local 12 will be afforded the opportunity to provide
input on the operation of the Department’s Dependent Care Programs and to
participate in task groups or committees involved in developing and formulating
such programs as appropriate.